Location & Lifestyle
Want to get a better sense of where Abington is? You can see how close the Estate is to all the regions amenities and experiences on offer:
Move to Queensland’s friendliest town
Childers & the Bundaberg region
One of the other benefits of being based in the Bundaberg Region is that the town enjoys one of the third best climates in the world! Never too hot or too cold, this booming town is also out of the range of cyclones and bush fires (and all of Abington Heights is flood-free).
Work rest & play – The Abington way!
Childers is also home to medical facilities including a modern hospital and aged care complex, three medical centres and two pharmacies. Professional services abound including a local Council office, Surveyor, Accountants and Legal Services, along with plumbers, electricians, builders, lawn mowing and garden care services, mechanics, tyres and two vets.
Shoppers are well taken care of with local IGA and Woolworths Supermarkets, two great butcher shops, two bakeries that serve the tastiest treats and fresh bread daily, several lovely coffee shops, Heritage Post Office and more.
Leisure lovers are spoiled for choice with options to join team and individual sports, year-round access to the newly revamped heated swimming pool, the local gym and a range of fitness classes.
Another unexpected surprise comes from “The Paragon”, a fully functioning and impeccably restored theatre in Childers that’s been showing movies to the public since 1927. Nowadays you can sip delightful organic coffee, savour handmade Mammino Gourmet Ice Cream and indulge in a host of decadent locally made treats while dining alfresco at The Paragon’s Espresso Bar. You can also tour this architectural gem and have the legends of Hollywood of years gone-by transported to you through film, via one of their regularly scheduled screenings.
Heritage is everywhere in Childers and many of the town’s beautiful historic buildings currently house churches of all denominations with a spirit of community, openness and mutual respect.
Ready for a drive? You’re just…
20 minutes to beautiful Woodgate Beach featuring amazing clean, quiet beaches, great fishing, beautiful walking and bike paths and a host of restaurants, Bowls club, hotel and boutique shops.
35 minutes to Bundaberg which offers a Regional airport with multiple daily flights to Brisbane and beyond, access to the Tilt Train and other rail services, and a larger range of medical services, restaurants, shopping and other services.
55 minutes to Bargara, a stunning coastal township with a tropical feel (some compare it to Hawaii), beaches you can swim all year, a thriving tourism industry and an Esplanade that’s perfect for romantic strolls as the sun sets. If you need another reason to visit, Bargara is also home to two 18-hole golf courses and an active golf club.
50 minutes to Hervey Bay with more lovely beaches, transfers to Fraser Island, access to direct flights to Sydney and Brisbane daily (Plus connecting flights to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth etc), as well as more medical facilities, restaurants, and shopping.
Still on the fence? – Here are the six things you really need to know about Abington Heights:
- At less than 4 hours drive north of Brisbane and just off the Bruce Highway, it’s the perfect choice for ‘drive in drive out’ mine workers.
- Childers holds a multicultural festival each July to celebrate the region’s welcoming nature and long history of diversity and acceptance.
- Country living Childers style means clean and crisp air, picturesque untouched scenery and the safety of a close-knit community that any family would crave.
- Sugar cane, macadamia nuts, sweet potatoes and an abundance of small crops are always available in the Bundaberg region, Australia’s ‘Food Bowl’,
- Childers has access to first-class health care, education, job opportunities and lifestyle. It’s no wonder it’s called “Queensland’s next best kept secret!”
- The home buyers assistance offered by federal and state governments makes buying in even easier and are large blocks start at just $99 grand. The house & land packages at Abington Heights represent some of Australia’s best value!
“A Move to Abington Heights Estate is a Move in the Right Direction!”