The Childers region is rich in culture, history and has a mirriad of business and education opportunities. Only 7 minutes from Abington Heights, residents have access to two supermarkets, ten doctors, five banks, two pharamacies, Australia Post, a local library, swimming pool and much more.
Numerous sporting opportunities exist in the region including rugby, touch, karate and many other sports for all ages. Residents also have the choice of a number of schools located in Childers and the surrounding areas. Choose from Childers, Cordalba and Goodwood State Schools or St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School to cater for primary school students or Isis District State High School caters for high school students. A bus service is available to transport students to Bundaberg private schools with local school pick up also available.
Below is a collection of helpful links which will provide you with all you need to know to make Childers and the region your new home:
- About Childers –
- Bundaberg Regional Council – http://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/
- Childers Tourist Attractions – www.bundabergregion.org/destinations/childers/attractions
- Childers State School – http://childersss.eq.edu.au/wcmss/
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School – http://www.stjosephschilders.qld.edu.au/
- Isis District State High School – http://www.childersss.eq.edu.au
Distance to Local Schools
- Childers State School – 4.47km
- St Joseph’s Primary School – 4.97km
- Isis District State High School – 5km
- Goodwood State School – 9.84km
- Cordalba State School – 10.24km